Blog Home   |   Website   |   Contact   |   Fine Art Prints   |   Facebook

Sunday 12 October 2008

Simons Birthday Party

Last month saw Simon Bell's 40th birthday party at Westbeach Restaurant, Bournemouth.
   


I covered Simon and Neal's civil partnership a couple of years ago, so it was great to be invited back to do the party as well. It was even nicer to be remembered by so many people!

As always, the food and service at Westbeach were outstanding.



Musical entertainment for the first half of the evening was provided by the Stromenti String Quartet.


The high-point was Simon joining them on the piano for Shubert's Trout Quintet. If I'd known about this beforehand I'd have brought my didgeridoo along.




Just when we thought that the evening had reached the peak of elegance, events were taken over (pretty much literally) by Cassidy Kane, who has the most amazing voice and is one of the funniest acts I've seen.




Eventually Simon grabbed the microphone and and said it was 12.30 and time to move on to a club. I thought it was about 9.30, so I haven't a clue where the time went.


You can find out more about Westbeach Restaurant on their website and for further information on the Stromenti String Quartet please visit their website.



No comments:

Post a Comment