Blog Home   |   Website   |   Contact   |   Fine Art Prints   |   Facebook

Sunday 23 May 2010

Large Red Damselfly

Let's shrink things down even further than a miniature sausage dog.  It's finally got warm and the dragonflies and damselflies are making an appearance.  Here we have a female large red damselfly (Pyrrhosoma nymphula) having a bit of a rest on a white Spanish bluebell (yes, I know that a traditional English one would have been more in keeping, but explain that to the fly).  I couldn't find a male anywhere.  Being red all over, the males look even more striking.  I'll try and track one down when I get the chance.




Hand held, no flash, Sigma 105mm macro, surgeons hands!

Macro photography of insects gives you a completely different view of them, the details you can see are quite amazing.  You do get a nasty shock if a bumble bee flies in front of your lens though, I nearly jumped out of my skin!

01323 639404

No comments:

Post a Comment